ESSENTIALS: 75 Answers to Common Questions About Essential Oils and Supplements – Austin Rally
With 75 easy to understand answers to common questions about essential oils, herbs and supplements, this book cuts through the confusion and empowers you to decide on your best wellness practices.
ATTN: Save time and purchase now to pick up your copy at the Austin Rally. Buy 10 or more and get 10% OFF!
Choosing a path to health and wellness just got easier.
Too often we get confused by conflicting natural health information online. With 75 easy to understand answers to common questions about essential oils, herbs and supplements, this book cuts through the confusion and empowers you to decide on your best wellness practices.
From newbies to natural wellness veterans, here you will find practical, no nonsense answers to common science questions in straightforward language. This reference tool separates fact from fiction, and instead of fear mongering and insisting that there is one right way to own your health, provides rational options so you can choose what is right for you.
Written by Lindsey Elmore, PharmD, BCPS is a pharmacist, chemist and a world-renowned authority on health and wellness education. She has educated tens of millions of people online and in person in more than 85 countries.
Essentials Table of Contents
The Ten Basics
- What are essential oils?
- How do I use essential oils?
- Is it safe to ingest essential oils?
- What are basic principles of essential oil chemistry?
- How are essential oils removed from plants?
- Do essential oils expire?
- Do essential oils contain proteins, vitamins, minerals, or enzymes?
- Do allergies to essential oils exist?
- Where can I find credible information about essential oils, herbs, and supplements?
- How do I travel with essential oils?
Essential Oil Chemistry and Physiology
- How does the sense of smell work?
- Can essential oil molecules enter the brain?
- What effect do essential oils have on bacteria?
- How quickly is an essential oil absorbed and excreted?
- How do essential oils impact emotions?
Essential Oil Usage
- What is the best way to use an essential oil?
- Where should I apply essential oils on the skin?
- How do I choose the best possible essential oil?
- Can undiluted essential oil be applied directly to the skin?
- What is the optimal dilution ratio for each essential oil?
- Can essential oils be used in the eye?
- How do I choose and properly care for a diffuser?
- What precautions should I take before diffusing essential oils?
- Does cooking with essential oils change the chemical profile?
- What essential oils can be used with each chakra?
- How can I use essential oils with crystals?
Essential Oils and Supplements Reactions
- What essential oils are most likely to irritate skin, and how can I manage skin irritation?
- Why do some people get headaches after inhaling essential oils?
- Can essential oils impact hormones?
- I am allergic to nuts. Can I use fatty nut oils as carriers?
- Can I become tolerant to essential oils?
- If I am allergic to a plant, am I also allergic to the essential oil from that plant?
- Can I take MSM if I am allergic to sulfa medicines?
- I Just started taking a new supplement and my pee is yellow! What gives?
- Is it possible to overdose on a vitamin or mineral supplement?
Disease State Interactions
- Can people with allergic or contact dermatitis use essential oils?
- I have epilepsy; can I use essential oils?
- I have diabetes; can I use essential oils?
- I have diabetes; can I use supplements?
- I have lung disease; can I use essential oils?
- I have an autoimmune disease; can I use essential oils?
- I have an autoimmune disease; can I use supplements?
- I have heartburn; can I use peppermint essential oil?
- I’ve had an estrogen-linked cancer; can I use essential oils?
- I’ve had an estrogen-linked cancer; can I use supplements?
- I have high blood pressure; can I use essential oils?
- I’ve had a transplant; can I use essential oils?
- I have polycystic ovarian syndrome; can I use supplements?
- I have thyroid disease; can I use essential oils?
- I have thyroid disease; can I use supplements?
- I suffer from adrenal fatigue; is there anything that can help?
Drug and Testing Interactions
- What are drug interactions?
- Does grapefruit essential oil interact with medicines?
- Do essential oils interact with blood thinners?
- I am on a blood thinner; can I use supplements?
- Do essential oils interact with birth control pills?
- Can essential oils cause a false positive on a drug test?
- Do digestive enzymes interact with medicines?
- I’m pregnant; can I use essential oils?
- I’m pregnant; can I use supplements?
- Can children use essential oils?
- What are the risks of using supplements in children?
- Does lavender essential oil cause breast swelling in young boys?
- Can essential oils I use affect my children?
- Can I use essential oils in a CPAP machine, nebulizer, or a ventilator?
- I’ve had weight loss surgery; can I use supplements?
- What precautions are necessary when using supplements with pets?
- What essential oils should be avoided in pets?
- I lack a sense of smell; can I use essential oils?
Specific Essential Oils, Herbs, and Ingredients
- What are the differences among frankincense species?
- What are the differences among lavender species?
- Why is magnesium added to calcium supplements?
- Is magnesium stearate dangerous, and should I avoid it in supplements?
- What is stevia, and is it safe?
- Are CBD and copaiba essential oil the same thing?
|Dimensions||10 × 8 × 1 in|
Clean Slate Cleanse
Following purchase of the Clean Slate Cleanse, you will receive a confirmation email, and a series of very important emails from [email protected]. Please add us to your address book, and you will receive information on how and when to join.
After you purchase a gift certificate, you will receive an email confirmation. Once confirmed, you will receive a code via email from [email protected] within three business days. Please add us to your address book so gift codes don’t get lost in the mail.
Once you sign up for The Club, you have immediate access to all of the content. Simply login, head to your Dashboard, and get your learn on!
Orders received before noon Central Standard Time will be shipped on the same day. Orders received after noon will be processed the following business day. You may choose your delivery speed at checkout.
Clean Slate Cleanse
The Clean Slate Cleanse is non-refundable. If you decide that you cannot commit to the cleanse, and you have not been added to social media groups, you have the option to defer to another cleanse date. Once you are added into social media groups and email sequences, you may not transfer to a different cleanse.
Gift Certificates are non-refundable once issued. If you misplace your codes, please send us an email at [email protected].
Unworn and clean clothing, as well as unused merchandise may be returned. To receive your return label, send us an email at [email protected].
Books are fully refundable if in new, unused condition and returned within 14 days.
Club memberships are not refundable. You may cancel your subscription at any time by visiting Your Account.