No springtime gathering is complete without a refreshing cocktail! Spice up your Cinco de Mayo celebration with a batch of Watermelon Margaritas.
1 medium watermelon
1/3 cup fresh lime juice
4 teaspoons agave nectar
1/2 cup sparkling water
6 oz. white tequila, optional
3 drops lime essential oil
- Cut watermelon into chunks and remove seeds.
- In a blender, purée enough watermelon chunks to yield 4 cups of watermelon purée.
- Add lime juice and agave and blend again.
- Finally, stir in sparkling water, tequila and essential oil and chill until ready to serve.
- Serve watermelon margaritas over ice garnished with lime and additional watermelon chunks. Serves 4.
Check out this post about the Health Benefits of Limes!
For even more great recipes, including some mocktail recipes, get the Clean Slate Cleanse Cookbook!