Enjoy these classic shortbread cookies at your next holiday gathering.
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup caster sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
- Add flour and salt and continue mixing until mixture forms a soft dough.
- Form dough into a ball with your hands.
- Dust surface of counter with powdered sugar.
- Roll dough 1/4-inch thick with a well-dusted rolling pin.
- Cut into desired shapes using a cookie cutter or glass and place on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, or until cookies are pale golden brown. Allow to cool on baking sheets.
- Store baked cookies in a re-sealable container at room temperature, up to 4 days.
For another sweet treat, try this recipe for Pâté de Fruits.
For access to all of my essential oil education, Join The Club!