Today’s episode contains frank discussions of mental health disorder, depression, anxiety, and suicide.
Dr. Daniel Emina is a child/adolescent and adult psychiatrist and associate medical director of Amen Clinics, a chain of nationally recognized outpatient healthcare clinics that has pioneered innovative techniques in mental health diagnosis and treatment. He’s experienced in treatment of depression, anxiety, suicidal ideation, mood disorders, addiction, ADD/ADHD, impulsive/disruptive behavior disorders, autism spectrum, psychotic disorders, OCD, PTSD, and TBI. Dr. Emina is a board member of the Center for Child and Family Development and a member of the One Hit Away Advisory Council. He’s also a board member and treasurer for the Extended Arms Initiative in Los Angeles, a nonprofit organization focused on homeless outreach and overseas medical missions.
His debut book is The Suicide Solution: Finding Your Way Out of the Darkness.
Topics covered in this episode:
• Why young and middle-aged adults are susceptible to suicide.
• How neuroplasticity works.
• How having a biological situation, along with some triggering trauma, can lead to brain patterns that are not serving us well.
• The Suicide Solution: Finding Your Way Out of the Darkness.
• How early can suicide signs show themselves?
• How to make aware that suicide is preventable.
Referenced in the episode:
• The Lindsey Elmore Show Ep 157 | How to work with our genes, instead of against them. | Dr. Erika Gray
• The Lindsey Elmore Show Ep 114 | Keep your brain young as you age | Dr. Michael Merzenich
• The Lindsey Elmore Show Ep 148 | Rewiring your Brain | Carol Garner-Houston
• The Triumph of Doubt by David Michaels
• Donald "Don" Miller is an American author, public speaker, and business owner. He is author of personal essays and reflections about faith, God, and self-discovery.
• The Lindsey Elmore Show Ep 149 | Living on Purpose: Keys to living the Life You’ve Dreamed | Tanya Dalton
• The Lindsey Elmore Show Ep 7 | Getting more out of every moment. | Tanya Dalton and Jenny Fenig
• The Gottman Method - an approach to couples therapy that includes a thorough assessment of the couple’s relationship.
To learn more about Dr. Daniel Emina and his work, head over to www.amenclinics.com/team/daniel-emina-m-d IG @doceminamd
Somavedic is a device that can reliably mitigate unwanted influences of:
• EMF radiation (4G/5G, WiFi, phones)
• Geopathic stress, water crosses
• Curry and Hartmann lines
• Oxidative stress / Free radicals
Head over to www.somavedic.com and use the code: LKE to save 10% off.
The BioMat Professional is an FDA 510K Class II medical device that harnesses the best of nature's wisdom to activate your inner healing power. Filled with 18lbs of Amethyst channels, the BioMat is powerful at alleviating pain, inflammation, and stress as well as improving sleep and immunity. Head to www.lindseyelmore.com/biomat and you could be on your way to relaxation and less stress and fatigue throughout your day.