Norman Robillard, Ph.D., Founder of digestivehealthinstitute.org is a microbiologist specialized in functional gastrointestinal disorders (acid and silent reflux and irritable bowel syndrome), dysbiosis (gut microbe imbalance and overgrowth including SIBO, SIFO, LIBO, and IMO), and related conditions. He helps his clients around the world based on his 3 pillar approach: 1. Dietary 2. Behavioral 3. Identifying and addressing underlying causes that are specific to individuals. His Fast Tract Diet approach that works without drugs or antibiotics was presented at Digestive Disease Week, an international gastroenterologist meeting and is currently part of a larger clinical trial.
Topics covered in this episode:
• A Three Pillar Approach to Heal the Gut:
1) Dietary 2) Behavioral 3) Identifying & Addressing
• An overview of the diverse functions of the microbiome in our bodies.
• The process of breaking down complex carbohydrates.
• Shifting the microbiome towards greater diversity & greater functionality.
• What supplements to take to improve brush border enzyme efficiency.
• Foods that the gut bacteria will help foster lower inflammatory reaction.
Referenced in the episode:
‘Protein Power: The High-Protein/Low Carbohydrate Way to Lose Weight, Feel Fit, and Boost Your Health-in Just Weeks!’ by Michael R. Eades and Mary Dan Eades
Words to look up:
• Probiotics / prebiotics
• Microbial herbs
• Trimethylamine N-oxide (TMAO)
Free download called Fast Tract Diet Resource Guide at
Want to learn more about and from Norman Robillard, Ph.D. head to www.digestivehealthinstitute.org
Wellness Made Simple is a new subscription platform; a one-stop-shop for everything you need to know about how to course correct or how to prevent symptoms from happening in the first place. Head over to www.wellnessmadesimple.us to sign up today.
We hope you enjoyed this episode. Come check us out at www.lindseyelmore.com/podcast