Gerald Posner is the author of thirteen acclaimed books, including New York Times nonfiction bestsellers Case Closed, Why America Slept and God’s Bankers. Posner was a finalist for the Pulitzer in History. “A merciless pit bull of an investigator” concluded the Chicago Tribune. The New York Times said his latest book (2020), ‘PHARMA: Greed, Lies and the Poisoning of America’, was “a withering and encyclopedic indictment of a drug industry that often seems to prioritize profits over patients…[it] reads like a pharmaceutical version of cops and robbers." Posner was one of the youngest attorneys (23) ever hired by Cravath, Swaine & Moore.
Topics covered in this episode:
• The history of the drug industry.
• How did Big Pharma become so good at convincing us that we are supposed to take drugs on the regular?
• Is the Coronavirus pandemic a once in a lifetime business opportunity for drug companies?
• The history of drug reps and the relationship with the medical industry.
• How drug pricing has been manipulated behind the scenes.
• Orphan drugs.
• ‘You messed with the wrong mother’.
Referenced in the episode:
• To learn more about Gerald Posner and his books, head over to https://www.posner.com
Oola is about making the commitment to change, and then going through the growth that it takes to change into a better person. It helps you set a series of small goals. To join our next meeting, head to https://lindseyelmore.com/oola/
Wellness Made Simple is a new subscription platform; a one-stop-shop for everything you need to know about how to course correct or how to prevent symptoms from happening in the first place. Head over to https://www.wellnessmadesimple.us
We hope you enjoyed this episode. Come check us out at https://lindseyelmore.com/podcast/