Throughout her personal and professional life, Joyce Shulman’s regular walking practice has been her key for managing stress, fueling creativity, and maintaining her health. After discovering that the research confirms what she learned instinctively, Joyce founded 99 Walks to help women experience what these recent studies have shown: that walking can improve decision-making and executive function, combat depression, increase creativity and literally add years to one’s life. 99 Walks grew over 1500% percent in 2020 with a community of women that walked over 1.5 million miles.
Topics covered in this episode:
• What are the benefits of walking?
• Walking and your memory.
• How walking can change our mood.
• Body health and walking.
• How walking in groups can help with loneliness.
• 99 Walks
• What’s an intentional walk?
• The harm of industrial fitness complex.
• Where to start a walk, especially if pain or stuffiness is part of your life.
• How walking builds pack mentality.
Referenced in the episode:
• Casey Means will be in a future episode.
• The Lindsey Elmore Show Ep 89 | Busting myths about essential oils | Dr. Eric Zielinski
• The Lindsey Elmore Show Ep 114 | Keep your brain young as you age | Dr. Michael Merzenich
To learn more about Joyce Shulman head over to www.joyceshulman.com
To join her pack - www.99walks.fit
Oola is about making the commitment to change, and then going through the growth that it takes to change into a better person. It helps you set a series of small goals. To join our next meeting, head to lindseyelmore.com/oola.
Wellness Made Simple is a new subscription platform; a one-stop-shop for everything you need to know about how to course correct or how to prevent symptoms from happening in the first place. Head over to www.wellnessmadesimple.us to sign up today.
We hope you enjoyed this episode. Come check us out at www.lindseyelmore.com/podcast.