128. Virtual Reality, a new approach to healing
Peter is a native of Louisville, Kentucky where he has been in medical practice as an Orthopedic Surgeon since 2005. For two years he owned and operated Wellness 360, a center dedicated to wellness of body, mind, and spirit using holistic health practices such as yoga, massage, meditation, and health coaching.
In April 2015, he began teaching meditation and mind training at the Drepung Gomang Center for Engaging Compassion as part of His Holiness the Dalai Lama’s vision for a program in secular ethics.
As of 2017, he has turned his full attention to teaching mindfulness, meditation, and paths to empowered living to promote health, well-being, and authentic happiness. He is currently completing a PhD in Mind-Body Medicine at Saybrook University and is beyond thrilled to be a part of the team at BehaVR. He is the author of No Magic Pill: Be Happier and Healthier Now, Just As You Are.
Topics covered in this episode:
• What is Mind-Body Medicine?
• What is virtual reality and how does it affect our brain?
• How does virtual reality train skills? What will you see if you are working on something physiological?
• New VR program for expectant mothers. • Some success stories.
• How can patients know that they are getting a great experience with VR?
• Meditation practice for your health.
Referenced in the episode:
To learn more about Dr. Peter Buecker and his work, head over to www.behavr.com
Oola is about making the commitment to change, and then going through the growth that it takes to change into a better person. It helps you set a series of small goals. To join our next meeting, head to www.lindseyelmore.com/oola
Wellness Made Simple is a new subscription platform; a one-stop-shop for everything you need to know about how to course correct or how to prevent symptoms from happening in the first place. Head over to www.wellnessmadesimple.us to sign up today.