Dr. Will Cole is a leading functional medicine expert who consults people around the world via webcam and locally in Pittsburgh. Named one of the top 50 functional-medicine and integrative doctors in the nation, Dr. Cole specializes in clinically investigating underlying factors of chronic disease and customizing a functional medicine approach for thyroid issues, autoimmune conditions, hormonal imbalances, digestive disorders, and brain problems. He is the bestselling author of Ketotarian, The Inflammation Spectrum, and the New York Times Bestseller Intuitive Fasting in which he shows how to use the powerful benefits of flexible intermittent fasting to gain metabolic flexibility and find food peace. Dr. Cole is the host of the new podcast The Art of Being Well, and has cohosted the popular podcasts Goopfellas podcast and Keto Talk
Topics covered in this episode:
• What is intuitive fasting and how does it differ from intermittent fasting.
• How to start an intuitive fast. • Intuitive fasting vs caloric restriction
• Beta-hydroxybutyrate effect
• How are we as a culture so far removed from the way we were designed to consume food.
• How to make better decisions about food.
Referenced in the episode:
• The Lindsey Elmore Show Ep 114 | Keep your brain young as you age | Dr. Michael Merzenich
To learn more about Dr. Will Cole and his work, head over to www.drwillcole.com
The Metabolic Makeover Summit is happening free and online August 30th to September 5th and registration is now open.
Head over to www.lindseyelmore.com/metabolicmakeover Wellness Made Simple is a new subscription platform; a one-stop-shop for everything you need to know about how to course correct or how to prevent symptoms from happening in the first place. Head over to www.wellnessmadesimple.us to get signed up today.
We hope you enjoyed this episode. Come check us out at www.lindseyelmore.com/podcast.