Sara Gottfried, MD, is a hormone expert, a Harvard-educated physician-scientist, and a clinical assistant professor in the department of integrative medicine and nutritional sciences at Sidney Kimmel Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University. She is the New York Times best-selling author of four books, including The Hormone Cure. She lives in Moraga, California.
Topics covered in this episode:
• A book about women, food & hormones.
• How hormones affect our weight loss.
• Hormones that are important for weight gain and weight loss.
• How diets differ from men and women.
• The lifecycle of a hormone.
• Animal sources of protein that can help to support hormones without causing all the metabolic side effects.
• The benefits of eating according to a Mediterranean diet.
• How quickly do people start to lose weight with the Gottfried Protocol?
• What is going on with our hormones across a lifespan that is changing our weight?
• Does lack of sleep derail weight loss?
Referenced in the episode:
• The Lindsey Elmore Show Ep 68 | Treating people, not symptoms | Dr. Sara Gottfried
To learn more about Sara Gottfried M.D. and her work, head over to www.saragottfriedmd.com IG @Saragottfriedmd @womenfoodhormones
Eaton Hemp Organic Hemp Food - Nature's most nutrient-dense superfood. Head to www.eatonhemp.com/lindseyelmoreshow and save 25% on all Eaton Hemp products… with a full money back guarantee!
Amare FundaMentals Pack – Includes: MentaBiotics, which are a combination of unique strains of probiotics, prebiotics, and phytobiotics that have been scientifically shown to improve mental wellness. MentaFocus, which has key phytonutrients clinically shown to support focus, mental sharpness, clarity, creativity, and cognitive functioning, and MentaSync, which optimizes the communication sync of chemical messengers between your brain and your gut.
Head over to www.lindseyelmore.com/amarefundamentals save $10 and you’ll also be given a free three-day Gut Reboot Plus as a one-time gift.