Dr. Emeran Mayer is a gastroenterologist, lecturer, author, editor, neuroscientist, documentary filmmaker and a professor in the Departments of Medicine, Physiology and Psychiatry at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA. He is a pioneer of medical research into brain-gut interactions. His new book, ‘The Gut-Immune Connection’ hits stores June 8, 2021.
Topics covered in this episode:
• Why our gut health is so important to the overall function of our body.
• Are chronic diseases normal?
• Is there one root cause of all illnesses and if there is, how do we take action every single day to keep illness at bay?
• How have we evolved?
• Why a largely plant-based diet can help us to have optimal health as well as set us up for the correct conditions to fight chronic diseases.
• How does the biological function of our mind-gut connection interplay between men and women?
• How can we best take care of our gut?
There’s a free new download available at www.cleanslatecleanse.com/gratitude. ‘28 Days of Gratitude’ is a 28-day guide that will challenge you to improve your mindfulness and create more positivity.
We hope you enjoyed this episode. Come check us out at www.lindseyelmore.com/podcast.