This recipe combines the power of lemon and lime essential oils to quickly freshen a smelly garbage disposal. These handy garbage disposal tabs are a cinch to mix up with ingredients you probably have on hand. Then just pop a couple in the disposal to freshen!
3/4 cup baking soda
1/2 cup salt
1 tablespoon liquid Castile soap
Juice from 1 lemon
7 drops lime essential oil
12 drops lemon essential oil
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and stir to combine thoroughly
- Pack mixture into a round tablespoon and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Allow to dry thoroughly, about 4 hours.
- Store in a sealed jar. Makes 16 tablespoon-sized tabs.
- First, run your garbage disposal with about 5-6 ice cubes to clear it of food and debris.
- Then place 2-4 garbage disposal tabs in the disposal and run for a few seconds.
Love DIY recipes to keep your house clean and fresh? Check out this super simple Fizzing Toilet Powder!
Want access to my entire library of essential oil education? Come and start your free trial in the YL Education Club!