This recipe combines the power of lemon and lime essential oils to quickly freshen a smelly garbage disposal. These handy garbage disposal tabs are a cinch to mix up with ingredients you probably have on hand. Then just pop a couple in the disposal to freshen!
3/4 cup baking soda
1/2 cup salt
1 tablespoon liquid Castile soap
Juice from 1 lemon
7 drops lime essential oil
12 drops lemon essential oil
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and stir to combine thoroughly
- Pack mixture into a round tablespoon and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Allow to dry thoroughly, about 4 hours.
- Store in a sealed jar. Makes 16 tablespoon-sized tabs.
- First, run your garbage disposal with about 5-6 ice cubes to clear it of food and debris.
- Then place 2-4 garbage disposal tabs in the disposal and run for a few seconds.
Love DIY recipes to keep your house clean and fresh? Check out this super simple Fizzing Toilet Powder!