130. How insulin resistance effects the whole body
Casey Means, MD is a Stanford-trained physician, Chief Medical Officer and Co-founder of metabolic health company Levels, and Associate Editor of the International Journal of Disease Reversal and Prevention. Her mission is to maximize human potential and reverse the epidemic of preventable chronic disease by empowering individuals with tech-enabled tools that can inform smart, personalized, and sustainable dietary and lifestyle choices. Dr. Means’ perspective has been recently featured in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Men's Health, Forbes, Business Insider, Techcrunch, Entrepreneur Magazine, The Hill, Metabolism, Endocrine Today, and more. She has held past research positions at the NIH, Stanford School of Medicine, and NYU.
Topics covered in this episode:
• What does it mean to be metabolically healthy?
• How to know that you don’t have metabolic flexibility that allows you to create stable blood sugars.
• How do we fix our metabolic health?
• Intermittent fasting; who it is and isn’t appropriate for.
• What are hormesis?
Referenced in the episode:
• The Lindsey Elmore Show Ep 113 Reversing Diabetes | Dr. Brian Mowll
To learn more about Casey Means, MD and her work, head over to www.levelshealth.com
* Levels is currently running a closed beta program with a waitlist of over 120,000 people. If you'd like to skip that line and participate in their early access program today, just use link: levels.link/lindseyelmoreshow.
88% of Americans suffer from metabolic disease and don't even know it. Learn the signs and symptoms, as well as how you can take control of your health and feel better.
Download a free eBook to learn:
• What is metabolic disease?
• Warning signs of metabolic disease.
• Traditional and natural prevention and treatment methods.
• Where to start and setting SMART goals
Are You Ready To Take Control Of Your Health? Then head over to: https://lindseyelmore.com/metabolic-makeover-ebook Wellness Made Simple is a new subscription platform; a one-stop-shop for everything you need to know about how to course correct or how to prevent symptoms from happening in the first place. Head over to www.wellnessmadesimple.us to sign up today.
We hope you enjoyed this episode. Come check us out at www.lindseyelmore.com/podcast.