Kimberly Ann Johnson is a Sexological Bodyworker, Somatic Experiencing trauma resolution practitioner, birth doula, and single mom. She specializes in helping women prepare for birth, recover from birth injuries and birth trauma, and heal from sexual trauma. Kimberly is the author of ‘Call of the Wild’ and ’The Fourth Trimester’. She is also the host of the Sex Birth Trauma Podcast.
Topics covered in this episode:
• How to begin to make the huge shift and meet the most basic needs instead of spinning out of control.
• How to go about cultivating a life where we pay attention to all the information our body has to offer.
• How connection and community are critical for our survival and thrival.
• When groups get together, how do all of the nervous systems engage with each other to create the macrocosm.
• How do certain behaviors lead to potential traumas?
• How to shift into healthier fight responses.
• What nervous system changes need to occur for sex activation?
• How a birth experience can be more natural and intoned with the body.
Referenced in the episode:
• Episode 95 - How being selfless is detrimental to your health | Victoria Albina
• Gerald Posner author of ‘Pharma’
• Stan Tatkin - psychologist, researcher, author, public speaker, therapist and teacher of attachment styles.
Head to www.kimberlyannjohnson.com/chapter for a free download of the first chapter of ‘Call of the Wild’.
Lindsey Elmore, alongside some of her favorite functional medicine pharmacists, will be teaching a stress solution summit on May 15, 2021. This is a course to help you reduce stress and heal your hormones.
Sign up at www.lindseyelmore.com/stresssolution
We hope you enjoyed this episode. Come check us out at www.lindseyelmore.com/podcast