Dr. Patrick Hanaway is a board-certified family physician trained at Washington University. For the past 20 years he has worked with his wife in clinical practice @ Family to Family: Your Home for Whole Health Care in Asheville, NC.
After 10 years as Chief Medical Officer @ Genova Diagnostics, Dr. Hanaway became the Chief Medical Education Officer @ the Institute for Functional Medicine (IFM). In 2017, Patrick received the Linus Pauling Award for his outstanding work in medical education and research.
The focus of Dr. Hanaway’s work is to leverage his skillset to transform medical practice, through education, research and clinical care. In addition, Dr. Hanaway has been initiated as a Mara’akame (indigenous healer) by the Huichol people of the Sierra Madres in Mexico. He holds community fires, leads ceremonies and offers traditional healing sessions.
Topics covered in this episode:
• How Dr. Patrick Hanaway has learned to view the healing process.
• Biggest lessons learned during Covid-19.
• Why healing and medicine are made better and enhanced when we do create intentional spiritual connections as a piece of the puzzle.
• Gut health.
• Ways that the microbiome communicates with our central nervous system and how does it impact diseases?
• What are the most lifestyle factors that are making us all sick, and that are changeable?
Referenced in the episode:
• The Lindsey Elmore Show – Ep. 25: So what do pharmacists actually do? | Lara Zakaria and Connie Grauds
• David Rakel, MD, a nationally recognized leader in integrative medicine.
• Rachel Naomi Remen is an author about and teacher of alternative medicine in the form of integrative medicine.
• Valter D. Longo is an Italian-American biogerontologist and cell biologist.
• The Lindsey Elmore Show – Ep.102. The mind, gut & immune system connection | Dr. Emeran Mayer
88% of Americans suffer from metabolic disease and don't even know it. Learn the signs and symptoms, as well as how you can take control of your health and feel better.
Download a free eBook to learn:
• What is metabolic disease?
• Warning signs of metabolic disease.
• Traditional and natural prevention and treatment methods.
• Where to start and setting SMART goals
Are You Ready To Take Control Of Your Health? Then head over to:
We hope you enjoyed this episode. Come check us out at www.lindseyelmore.com/podcast