Every girl loves to receive roses. So how about a luxurious sugar scrub infused with rose petals and a fresh citrus burst? This scrub takes a bit more effort than ordinary sugar scrubs, but the result is so worth it. The presentation is lovely enough to give as a gift for Mother’s Day or anytime for the special lady in your life. Treat her like royalty with this Citrus Rose Sugar Scrub!
You will need to plan ahead a bit to dry the rose petals and orange peels, or you can purchase these items pre-dried.
Rose Sugar Scrub
1 cup dried rose petals
1/8 – 1/2 ounce dried orange peel
1 cup sugar
1 – 2 tablespoons honey
1/2 cup calendula oil
1/2 cup jojoba oil
8 drops coriander essential oil
7 drops lavender essential oil
10 drops orange essential oil
- To dry your own rose petals and/or orange peels, place on a screen in a well ventilated area. Allow to dry for several days to a few weeks, depending on the humidity of your area. Alternatively, you can use a food dehydrator for this job.
- Grind rose petals and orange peel in coffee or spice grinder. Alternatively, you can use a blender. Begin by pulsing the ingredients, and then grind into a fine powder and set aside.
- Combine 1 tablespoon petals/orange powder, sugar, honey, calendula oil, and jojoba oil in a small bowl.
- Add essential oils and mix well.
- Transfer to a cute jar and attach a label and ribbon as desired.
This scrub may separate somewhat, so give it a quick stir before using. Apply a small amount of scrub on legs, arms, elbows, knees, feet, hands, and even the face. Gently massage to smooth away dry skin and leave the skin feeling smooth and hydrated.
Thanks to Julie Folger for contributing this special recipe. Check her out on Facebook!
You may also like this Sugar Lip Scrub to go with your Citrus Rose Sugar Scrub!
Love essential oil recipes and education? Come and check out The YL Education Club!