Get away from propylene glycol, aluminum, and artificial chemicals and try out your own homemade deodorant in whatever scent you want!
1/2 milliliter vitamin E oil
2 tablespoon aluminum free baking soda
- Over medium-low heat combine shea butter, coconut oil, beeswax, and vitamin E oil in a saucepan. Melt slowly, stirring constantly.
- Once completely melted, turn heat off and add baking soda. Stir with a spatula until combined.
- When starting to cool (but not hardened at all) add essential oils of choice. Don’t be shy! It takes a good amount to get the smell.
- Immediately pour into empty deodorant containers. Keep another glass container near by to pour off any remaining mixture that will not fit into the containers.
- Clean up can be tough; be cognizant not to put shea butter and coconut oil down the sink (unless a clogged sink sounds fun). To clean utensils, remove all excess oils with hands and place in trash can. Use plenty of dish soap to clean dishes and rinse extensively with plenty of HOT water.
Want to amp up your essential oil scent and get away from the chemicals of perfumes and body mists? Check out my essential oil perfumes here!
Love what you see? Want all of my essential oil education? For access, Join The YL Education Club!