158 . The Food-Mood Connection
Dr. Shawn Talbott is a Psycho Nutritionist who integrates nutrition, biochemistry, and psychology to help people feel, look, and perform better. As a scientist (PhD in Nutritional Biochemistry, Rutgers) and entrepreneur (EMP in Entrepreneurship, MIT), his recent projects include two academic textbooks, an award-winning documentary film, several best-selling books translated into multiple languages, and numerous top-selling nutraceuticals and functional foods. His book is ‘Mental Fitness: Maximizing Mood, Motivation, & Mental Wellness by Optimizing the Brain-Body-Biome.’
Topics covered in this episode:
• What is a Psycho Nutritionist?
• Foods that destroy your mood and foods that make you feel better.
• The ‘Mental Fitness’ book.
• How to craft mental fitness.
• The gut-brain access.
• How to utilize your gut to make your brain healthier.
• How to find beneficial supplements.
• Fast acting, but also long-lasting relief from the aches and pains that can plague us.
• How to foster healthy energy.
• What are the herbs that can help with anxiety and overall stress levels?
• What are adaptogen herbs?
Referenced in the episode:
• The Lindsey Elmore Show Ep 10 | Get yourself some sleep | Mollie McGlocklin.
• The Lindsey Elmore Show Ep 114 | Keep your brain young as you age | Dr. Michael Merzenich
• The Lindsey Elmore Show Ep 122 | How dysbiosis is making you sick | Norman Robillard, Ph.D.
• The Lindsey Elmore Show Ep 102 | The mind, gut & immune system connection | Dr. Emeran Mayer
• The Lindsey Elmore Show Ep 136 | Start Healing SIBO | Shivan Sarna
To learn more about Dr. Shawn Talbott and his work, head over to www.shawntalbott.com IG @doctalbott
Amare Mental Fitness pack – Energy Plus, Mood Plus, Sleep Plus & Relief Plus. Head over to www.lindseyelmore.com/amare... save $10 and you’ll be on your way to have improved brain performance and a calmer body and brain.
Primal Life Organics skincare addresses the 5 pillars that help your skin to look healthy, bounce back and have a vibrant complexion. Skin needs to stay hydrated, have good blood flow, good collagen, good elastin and maintain muscle tone. Head to www.lindseyelmore.com/primallife to get the Glow package today and try out Lindsey new favorite skincare.