CBD oil is outrageously popular right now. People are hailing this natural oil for helping with stress, anxiety, sleep, and pain relief. Try these simple-to-make CBD Oil Bath Bombs for a way to relax and unwind after a stressful day.
Before you begin. . .
Cannabinoids directly interact with the hippocampus portion of the brain and affect mood and emotions, including our emotional response to physical pain. More and more animal and human studies are pointing to the potential of CBD oil as a pain reliever. According to this review, when CBD interacts with receptors in the brain, it produces anti-inflammatory that may help manage pain from injury as well as chronic disease.
Keep in mind that CBD comes in various concentrations. This recipe calls for 1 mL (one dropperful) of CBD oil. The amount of CBD depends on the concentration you use:
- 500 mg CBD delivers approximately 16.66 mg of CBD per 1 mL
- 1000 mg CBD delivers approximately 33.33 mg of CBD per 1 mL
- 1500 mg CBD delivers approximately 50.00 mg of CBD per 1 mL
The FDA does not recommend dosages of CBD oil, which is one reason doctors cannot prescribe it. Dosage needs vary from person to person based on various factors, so I recommend you start small, evaluate how it works for you, and adjust the dosage as desired.
Combining essential oils and CBD is a great way to add a therapeutic aroma to your bath experience, as well as to get the benefits of both the essential oil and the CBD oil.
Choose your oils based on the desired fragrance or action. For example, you may choose a relaxing essential oil, such as lavender, if you want a bedtime bath bomb. Or you may choose wintergreen or peppermint if you want a soothing after-workout soak. Alternatively, you can make bath bombs sans essential oils and just add the desired oils directly to the bath water with the bombs. A third option is to use essential oil-infused CBD oil in the recipe.
Let’s Make Some Bath Bombs!
Makes 5-6 bath bombs (7 cm. diameter)
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup citric acid
- 1/4 cup epsom salts
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 mL CBD oil
- 20-30 drops desired essential oils
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon water (if needed for consistency)
- Bath bomb molds
- Combine baking soda, citric acid, epsom salt, and cornstarch in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine coconut oil, CBD oil, and desired essential oils.
- Slowly add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, stirring constantly.
- Test the consistency by squeezing some of the mixture in your hand. If it packs together, it is ready to place in molds. If it is still too dry and crumbly to hold its shape, add 1/2 teaspoon water at a time until the consistency is correct. Be careful as you add water, though, because too much will cause the mixture to start fizzing.
- Once thoroughly combined, scoop mixture into molds and press together firmly. Allow to set for one hour.
- After an hour, gently remove bombs from molds. They will be fragile and not completely set, but if you wait longer, they will be more difficult to remove from the molds.
- Allow bombs to dry completely overnight.
- Store in airtight glass container until ready for use.
Want to learn more about CBD? Check out CBD and Emotions.
If you love learning about natural health and wellness alternatives, then come Join The Club!