Lavender is a cornerstone essential oil.
It is used for almost everything. Many people know about diffusing lavender essential oil at bedtime, so I wanted to think of some new and creative ways to use lavender. What are your Top Ten Uses for Lavender Essential Oil? So here we go: in no particular order, I offer you ten innovative, creative and cool ways to use lavender.
Top Ten Uses for Lavender Essential Oil
- Suitcase Refresher. Place a couple of drops of lavender on a dryer ball and place inside a suitcase before you head on your next trip. This will help to your clothing smelling fresh the whole trip.
- Homemade Mascara. Making your own lavender-infused mascara is quick and easy. Find the recipe here.
- DIY Makeup Remover Pads. Lavender and frankincense essential oil with gentle witch hazel and fractionated coconut oil whisks away makeup from the skin, and gives you a nice clean canvas to then wash your face.
- Use in a variety of ways in blends. There are four different types of essential oils in blending: Personifiers, equalizer, enhancers and modifiers. Lavender is an equalizer, an enhancer, and a modifier. If you are making a blend and you can’t quite get it to come together, a drop or two of lavender essential oil can bring the aromas together into harmony. Lavender can also serve as the basis of your blend, or bring synergy to the blend.
- Lash Serum. Want longer fuller lashes, let’s create a lash serum that can be applied at night to help lashes grow longer naturally.
Whoo Hoo! Let’s keep going!
- Baby Bath. Did you know that babies who are bathed in lavender essential oils smile more, look at their mothers more during the bath, fall asleep more quickly and stay asleep longer after the bath. Yes to all of that. Create a bath for the baby using this recipe. Combine 1 part coconut milk and 1 part Castile soap, lavender and cedarwood essential oils.
- Yoga Mat Spray. Nothing is worse for the zen that toxic yoga mat sprays. Create this one from 1 part vinegar and one part witch hazel, and then add in your lavender essential oil.
- Carpet Refreshing Powder. Nothing says a clean house like a fresh scent. Combine 1/2 cup baking soda with 10 drops lavender essential oil. Simply sprinkle on this carpet powder, and then vacuum it up for long lasting freshness.
- Everyday Skin Spray. This stuff was literally my gateway drug to essential oils. I love it and still use it daily.
- Create the Memory Release Blend and do your own self-Aroma Freedom Technique.
To get more of my oily knowledge, Join the Club!