Mascara Makes Such a Huge Difference
Mascara is key to making any dramatic look come to life. Unfortunately, mascaras can be packed full of parabens, thimerosal, synthetic dyes, aluminum powder, formalehyde, coal tars, and other unsavory ingredients. That is why I created this easy DIY mascara recipe based on a few other recipes I have adapted from other blogs. Before you begin, be sure that you have the correct containers. Without them, this DIY can be so frustrating to get into the tubes.
- 1/4 teaspoon Savvy Minerals Jetsetter
- 1/4 teaspoon bentonite clay
- 4 drops vegetable glycerin
- 1/4 teaspoon-1/2 teaspoon aloe vera gel, depending on consistency
- 8 drops lavender essential oil
- Wash your hands and sterilize ramekin and empty mascara tubes by boiling briefly.
- Mix all ingredients in a ramekin until completely smooth. Start with 1/4 teaspoon of aloe vera gel and add more as needed.
- Use transfer pipettes, suck up mascara. Use funnels to add mascara to empty tubes.
- Once mascara is in the tube, place rubber stopper in the lid. Insert wand and close tightly.
- Use like a regular mascara.
- Remove with natural eye makeup remover pads.
Easy as That!
Now you have a cleaner alternative to the mascaras that you find at your local grocery or department store. Additionally, it is infused with essential oils as a bonus! So simple, gently on the eyes, and wonderful to smell.
Want more DIYs? Come check out the DIY section of the blog!
And for all of my oily education, Join the YL Education Club!