Dr. Seema Yasmin is an Emmy Award-winning journalist, medical doctor, professor and author. She is director of the Stanford Health Communication Initiative, clinical assistant professor in Stanford University’s Department of Medicine, and visiting professor at the Anderson School of Management at UCLA where she teaches crisis management and communications.
Yasmin was a finalist for the Pulitzer Prize in breaking news in 2017 with a team from The Dallas Morning News for coverage of a mass shooting. She is the recipient of two awards from the Pulitzer Center on Crisis Reporting. Her reporting appears in Rolling Stone, The New York Times, WIRED, Scientific American, and other outlets. She is a medical analyst for CNN and a correspondent for Conde Nast Entertainment. Her two new books are ‘Viral BS: Medical Myths and Why We Fall for Them’ & ‘If God Is a Virus’.
Topics covered in this episode:
• How do medical subjects get so convoluted?
• The true scientific method.
• Are electronic cigarettes safe?
• Drug doses and brand effects.
• How we need to fix the lack of medical representation.
• Does birth control cause depression?
• How diet sodas affect our health.
• Universities, academic institutions and individual academics that are being bought off.
• Are medical errors the leading cause of death?
• Inspiring people to find answers.
Referenced in the episode:
• The Lindsey Elmore Show Ep 112 | Learning to heal yourself with purpose & direction | Dr. Patrick Hanaway
• The Lindsey Elmore Show Ep 124 | Pharma: Greed, Lies, and the Poisoning of America Gerald Posner
To learn more about Dr. Seema Yasmin and her work, head over to seemayasmin.com
Must watch past episodes:
• The Lindsey Elmore Show Ep 120 | How to become more spiritually healthy | Michele Sammons
• The Lindsey Elmore Show Ep 115 | Turning life into meditation | Dr. Jenelle Kim
• The Lindsey Elmore Show Ep 93 | Spirituality and mental health | Dr. Anna Yusim
The Metabolic Makeover Summit is happening free and online August 30th to September 5th and registration is now open. Head over to www.lindseyelmore.com/metabolicmakeover