Many people loved the recipe I posted recently for coffee soap. Here is another super simple soap recipe that cleanses and detoxifies with the added power of charcoal.
Charcoal helps draw bacteria, toxins, dirt and other micro-particles to the surface of skin, helping to improve complexion and combat acne and other issues with the skin. Kunzea essential oil contains high levels of alpha-pinene and eucalyptol that help to soothe muscles and reduce the appearance of blemishes, making it the perfect oil to use in soaps and other preparations for the skin.
1 lb. organic goat’s milk melt and pour soap base
4 teaspoons activated charcoal powder
1 tablespoon aloe vera gel
20 drops Kunzea essential oil
- Melt goat milk soap base in a double boiler. Set aside and allow to cool slightly.
- In another small bowl, blend together charcoal and aloe.
- Cut open tea bag and pour dried tea leaves into melted soap base. Next, add the charcoal and aloe blend.
- Add essential oil and stir well.
- Once incorporated, carefully pour into soap molds. Allow to cool on counter for at least 6 hours, or you may chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour. It is not recommended to freeze.
This is a wonderful cleansing soap for the skin. Wash your face twice a day and gently pat dry before applying your favorite moisturizer or other skincare products. Additionally, try this soap to ease sore or fatigued muscles.
For another preparation with charcoal, check out this Activated Charcoal Mask.
Want to learn more about Kunzea essential oil? Come and start your free trial of The Club and check out the educational video in the Product Pro section! You will find hundreds of other videos about essential oils and supplements too!