What’s for dinner? This dreaded question plagues many a household on a daily basis. And some people think it is even more of a struggle to plan a vegan main course. The truth is, there are tons of delicious plant-based foods that make a hearty, filling main course. I have loads of recipes on my website to get you started.
When it comes to a main dish, I love to cook a big, hearty dinner with enough left over for lunch the next days (or even for a couple of days). I like to call this nextovers, and sometimes when I have a particularly busy week, I’ll plan for extras to last me several days. This doesn’t mean I always eat the same thing, rather I like to experiment with ways to repurpose last night’s dinner into something new for lunch. That veggie and tofu hot dish makes a delicious soup with some vegetable broth and some spices added in. Get creative, and then let me know what you come up with!
Variety is Key
Sometimes a quick, simple meal is in order on busy weeknights, and other times you want to take your time and prepare something really special. There are lots of both types of recipes on my blog. From pasta and soups to tacos and burgers, you’ll find lots of variety and flavors to please even the most selective eaters in your home. Just because you choose to eat vegan, doesn’t mean the main course will be boring. Just check out a few of these recipes!
Vegan Pasta Main Courses
- Asian Rotini Pasta Salad with Creamy Peanut Dressing
- Beyond Meat Bolognese
- Shanghai Style Dumplings
- Spiced Pumpkin Ravioli
- Baked Ziti with Sausage
- Mac and Cheese Muffins
- Spaghetti with Marinara Sauce
- Sun-Dried Tomato Linguine
- Butternut Squash Soup
- Carrot, Ginger, and Turmeric Soup with Sweet and Spicy Carrot Chips
- Coconut Lentil Soup
- Leek, Fennel, Apple & Walnut Soup
- Potato Soup
More Creative Vegan Main Courses
- Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos with Vegan Ranch Dressing
- Carmelized Onion, Fig and Arugula Pizza
- Grits, Greens, and Black-Eyed Peas
- Jackfruit Tacos
- Leek Rarebit
- Mediterranean Vegetable Kebabs
- Mushroom, Artichoke and Red Bell Pepper Paella
- Polenta Two Ways
- Thai Green Curry
- Tofu Makhani with Naan Bread
- Vegan Mushroom Lentil Burgers
- Vietnamese Summer Rolls with Peanut Dipping Sauce
- Vegan Oyster Rolls
Don’t Forget the Sides
Complete your main course with a delicious vegan side dish. Many of these recipes can stand alone or serve well alongside one of the recipes listed above. Especially when trying to serve a crowd, side dishes often come to the rescue!
- Barley Braised Greens
- Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Reduction
- Mexican Pinto Bean Salad
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Grapes
- Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Mash
- Romanesco Broccoli
- Zesty Sweet Potato Fries
- Vegan Mashed Potatoes and Mushroom Gravy
- Extra Crispy Onion Rings
- Crispiest Fries with Garlic Tahini Hummus Sauce
What’s your favorite?
Do you have a favorite vegan main course dish to share? Comment below with your suggestions!